× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS RN316 - Xpenology installed with success

mielcu3
Tutor

Ready NAS RN316 - Xpenology installed with success

Hello team,

I just wanted to brag my self. I installed with success Xpenology DSM 7.1.1 on my ReadyNAS RN316 unit. It works flawesslly. II also backed up internal drive, where RN storage his own boot loader. So I can quickly and without issues back to ReadyNAS OS. Right now im working on how to put TCRP on to this internal flashdrive to remove external usb with it. 

Stay tuned. 

Regards.

Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Is the method you are using something someone with a ReadyNAS without a video port could do?  Since most ReadyNAS don't have one, that's a major stumbling block for many.

Message 2 of 6
mielcu3
Tutor

I believe there is a way to connect external vga card. Most of readynas units has on board unused pci-e slot which can be used for graphics. One thing is necessary: pcie riser cable. It is needed because you have to at least once go inside bios and change boot order and disable onboard flash drive/memory and exclude it from boot order. With riser cable you can connect external graphic card outside readynas box. 

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Unfortunately, no, most ReadyNAS do not have a PCIe slot.  And ARM based units use UBOOT, which is another obstacle.

Message 4 of 6
mielcu3
Tutor

Yesm you are right. I had on my mind readynas units based on Intel CPUs. Those units have mostly free pcie slot on board. Even so, there i believe there is no xpenology for arm readynas.

Message 5 of 6
Josue_Hoja
Aspirant

Hello, how are you, I have a RadyNAS RN316 and I would like to know if you can tell me how to do it, I already have everything installed, the monitor via HDMI port, the mouse and keyboard, free USB ports for more devices and everything, but I can't create the USB setup, no. I managed to find the files and method of how to do it. you can help. Here I leave you my email. skipkeysecurity@proton.me.

I hope you can help me. I speak better Spanish if you speak it. thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements