× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS3200 Slooooowwww backups

DurocShark
Aspirant

Ready NAS3200 Slooooowwww backups

Hi all. I inherited a couple of ReadyNAS 3200's when I took over this department. I'm trying to start backing them up, and am running into an issue.

Specs:
ReadyNAS 3200 v1
FW: RAIDiator 4.2.24
RAM: 4096MB
Consumed: 73% of 9223 GB

Over a week ago I set up 3 backups of separate shares in this device targeting another NAS on the same switch. I can manually copy stuff at high speeds with no problem. But these jobs are still running after a week (1/5/15). I look on the target and there are still no files there. But the status is still "Running". I do not have encryption enabled. The target is an Rsync Server using a FQDN for the Host. Connection tests fine.

This is way too slow.

This is a production system (critical file share) so I'm hesitant to start upgrading firmware without being absolutely certain it will fix this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Ready NAS3200 Slooooowwww backups

Updating the firmware to the latest version 4.2.27 might help. Check this link: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25755
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What version of Rsync is on the destination NAS?

You can see the version of Rsync used by the ReadyNAS in the GPL: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/gpl-open-source-code-for-programmers

I find Rsync works best when the versions are the same on both NAS units.

4.2.24 has Rsync 3.0.9
Message 3 of 5
DurocShark
Aspirant

Thanks for your comments.

I didn't consider Rsync, I'll have to check. But I bet the target (a new Synology RackStation) will be newer.

Another argument for firmware. Le sigh.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Rsync is very slow at doing a full backup.

Are you able to test backing up a test share with a group of small files using Rsync to see if that works?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements