× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready Nas RN102 - drive #2 failed

owensj
Aspirant

Ready Nas RN102 - drive #2 failed

I have 2 Western Digital 1TB hard drives. Drive #2 appears to have failed. With drive #2 in the NAS, it just starts up and shuts down over and over. I can take drive #2 out and the NAS fires up and is able to be viewed through Raidar or ReadyCloud in just a few minutes. I had a new replacement drive. I put it in and the same thing happened. I can also put the supposed broken or replacement drive in and they work fine by themselves. But when I put two drives in, it powers on, blinks a few times and restarts. Over and over and over..etc.   I have read for hours and cannot find my exact issue. Apologies up front if it is all too common. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with the NAS?  Thank you!

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready Nas RN102 - drive #2 failed

I am wondering if you have a failing power brick (degraded so it can only power one drive).

Is your RN102 still under warranty (3 years)?

Message 2 of 7
owensj
Aspirant

I honestly do not know the answer to that. I am the replacement IT person and my predecessor is not around to ask. I wonder if it can be checked by s/n?

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps PM mdgm (using the messages link in the upper right), and give him the serial.  He should be able to see if the ReadyNAS was registered by your predecessor.

Message 4 of 7
owensj
Aspirant

I will do that. Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
owensj
Aspirant

Product: RN10200

Country of Purchase: United States

Puchased on: 09/Sep/2016

Registered on: 09/Sep/2016

Standard Product Warranty *:

- Hardware Warranty: Available till 09/Sep/2019

- Free Installation Support Warranty: Expired on 08/Dec/2016

- Power Supply Warranty: Available till 09/Sep/2019

- Accessories Warranty: Available till 09/Sep/2019

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I see you have case #28271236

Support will need Proof of Purchase (i.e. the invoice) to continue to progress the case 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements