× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready Nas RN31400 Null error on front screen of nas

brade
Aspirant

Ready Nas RN31400 Null error on front screen of nas

Hi

I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me with this error message.  On the front of the nas the window displays

(null)+ffff8800680d2e70

The nas seems to be working fine.  When I log into the admin page everything is showing healthy and I see no errors anywhere.  There are some antivirus warning in the log. 

I have shutdown the device and that did not seem to fix it but like I said everything seems to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready Nas RN31400 Null error on front screen of nas

It may appear to be fine, but something is crashing.

I suggest downloading the full log zip file from the web UI.  You can look yourself in system.log and kernel.log.  Or send a private message (PM) to one of the Netgear mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) that includes a download link to the zip file, and ask them to analyze it for you.

Send a PM by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner of the forum.  Don't post the logs publicly.

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@brade

Welcome to the Community!

Aside from your data volume under 80% full, there are infected files detected under /data/backup. Do you have any installed apps on your NAS? Null errors can also be caused by apps installed on the system.

Not really sure if this is the cause of the error you are getting but I suggest removing the said share for now if possible and also free up some space as this may also using too much memory.

Contacting Support so they can properly assist you is also one option. If your NAS  were purchased between June 01, 2014 to May 31, 2016 you have Lifetme Chat Support.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 4
brade
Aspirant

Thanks Marc_V

I will get rid of those files and see if the error will go away.

I do not have any apps installed.

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements