× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready Nas model# RN10400, saying no volumes found

shawnmt31
Aspirant

Ready Nas model# RN10400, saying no volumes found

Haven't accessed in a few weeks , I had it set as my z: drive realized it wasn't accessible. States no volumes yet shows as healthy. Just updated firmware today hoping that would fix the issue. It did not. Using Windows 7 home. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Which FW are you using?

Message 2 of 16
shawnmt31
Aspirant

Actually it now died completely... Won't turn on at all
Message 3 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@shawnmt31 wrote:
Actually it now died completely... Won't turn on at all

The hardware warranty is 3 years (when purchased new).  You might want to check the warranty status (my.netgear.com).

Message 4 of 16
Vidfare
Aspirant

Product: RN10223D
Serial Number: 3ER135EG005B5
Firmware 6.7.5

I have the same problem. Nobody to contact in Sweden. Very angry on Netgear!

Message 5 of 16
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi,

@Vidfare

If you log into https://my.netgear.com you should be able to log a ticket and contact support regarding your hardware warranty. Are you still within warranty?

Also, this sounds like a PSU issue rather than a chasis issue perhaps? Anyhow, Netgear should be able to help no problem as long as you are within the warranty period.

Message 6 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@Hopchen

Is it no volume on your NAS or NAS is died?

if no volume found, could do you please enable secure diagnostic? then PM me 5 digital, let me remote access to your NAS.

RAIDar Secure diagnostic
https://kb.netgear.com/27391/ReadyNAS-RAIDar-6-0

or enable secure diagnosticn in NAS admin GUI =>System=>Settings=>Support

Message 7 of 16
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @evan2,

Is not me who has the problem 🙂

Message 8 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@Hopchen

Sorry!

@Vidfare

Is it no volume on your NAS or NAS is died?

if no volume found, could do you please enable secure diagnostic? then PM me 5 digital, let me remote access to your NAS.

RAIDar Secure diagnostic
https://kb.netgear.com/27391/ReadyNAS-RAIDar-6-0

or enable secure diagnosticn in NAS admin GUI =>System=>Settings=>Support

Message 9 of 16
Vidfare
Aspirant

Hello!

I appreciate all help. It looks as if I have hard ware warranty until 13 Sept 2019, but the 90 days of Netgear support has run out. When I tried to get a “ticket” it did not work.

Trying the secure diagnostic it wouldn’t start after 5 clicks on the icon.

The unit is not dead. I made some sceen dumps on: cccs.nu/netgear.jpg

Also a log: cccs.nu/NAS_PA.zip

I bought a new Win10 -64 computer some months ago and the NAS did work pretty well until the other day. I got the new firmware, but since that the volumes cannot be reached. It is the same with my old computer (Vista professional) where there were no problems until now.

It is really disturbing!

/pa

Message 10 of 16
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Vidfare

Please enable the Secure Diagnostic Mode under System>Setting>Support and kindy PM Evan2 the 5 digit code so he can remote in to your NAS.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 16
Vidfare
Aspirant

@Marty_M wrote:

@Vidfare

Please enable the Secure Diagnostic Mode under System>Setting>Support and kindy PM Evan2 the 5 digit code so he can remote in to your NAS.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Hello!

I found the place and the 5 digits. But my web-browser do not like the admin-page. It claims it it not safe and the “https” is struck over by a red line.

I am not sure how to “PM” Evan2 any message.

And I do not feel very comfortable to le a complete stranger get access to my NAS with all the files there. How does this work?

/pa

Message 12 of 16
StephenB
Guru

There's a messages link in the upper right of the forum (it looks like an envelope with the new forum style).  Click on it...

Message 13 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you won't provide remote access that does limit what can be done. imo an offer by an engineer to have a look at your system remotely (even if they end up deciding there's not much they can do) is very generous.

Your volume is offline. Even if you were within 90 days of purchase looking at your logs this would likely end up in paid support.

An alternative would be to try 3rd party data recovery, but again there would be a cost to you and depending on what's done any attempt made by you or a 3rd party could make attempts to help more difficult for us.

Another option would be to restore your data from backup.

We use a self-signed security certificate. These are free. Whilst you'd want a certificate from a trusted authority for your online banking and shopping, for the NAS you control a self-signed certificate is fine.

Message 14 of 16
Vidfare
Aspirant

Thank you for the answer.

I now realize that I do not fit in as a customer of Netgear’s! I thought it was a serious USA company with an annual net profit of 75 800 000 US$. I purchased the NAS to have extra security for my files – not that they should disappear without warning! But when I look closer I find that my unit is produced in China!

And from when buying directly from China (very cheap) I have experienced that there is no support of any kind for any time period at all.

It all matches.

No problem – I have recovered most of the lost files but I will never again trust any Netgear product. And I will certainly tell my friends to get rid of any Netgear product they might have before they break down and make more damage.

Peter Andersson

Sweden

Message 15 of 16
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello shawnmt31,

If it does not turn on that no LED lighting up at all, please make sure the power cable/adapter is plugged in correctly to the power outlet and to the ReadyNAS chassis. Can you PM me the SN of your NAS so I can check if it still has warranty?

Regards,

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements