× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD backup not deleting files

tarentaal
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD backup not deleting files

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum for ReadyCLOUD users.

I have a RN102 and do my backups using the Windows ReadyCLOUD PC app. The backup works fine as far as indexing and then uploading files. However, when I delete a file on the PC, it doesn't delete the file in the backup folder on the NAS. I tried various different network and folder access settings in the hope that it was just something I should have enabled and didn't. No luck.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone know of a fix for it? If not, I hope they include it in their bug fixes, as it is seriously detracting from an otherwise decent product.
Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: ReadyCLOUD backup not deleting files

I think I see what you are saying. I on the other hand like it the way it is. You mentioned that it is a Backup, so if you delete a file on the PC and it also deletes on the NAS then it is "gone" .

I use SyncToy 2.1 as a weekly backup. I have it set to overwrite existing files and add new. You might want to look into that program and tweak the details.
Message 2 of 3
tarentaal
Tutor

Re: ReadyCLOUD backup not deleting files

The ideal would be if we had the option to choose how the backup is synchronized - whether it keeps all copies, or mirrors the current folder that is being backed up.

My understanding, however, was that the whole idea of snapshot was to keep copies of previous versions of your files, so that when you have one of those "Crap! Why the heck did I do that!?" moments, you could retrieve a previous version of the file. If it keeps all the copies of the files regardless, snapshot seems to be a redundant feature.

I could consider using a third party app, but the appeal of ReadyCLOUD was that I can access the NAS and do backups easily from any location. I'm about to go traveling, so I need the capability. I don't currently have a router that supports VPN, so that limits me as well. Simply put, I don't think I have the time to find alternative software solutions and get it working before I leave. If I can't fix this, I will have to live with it. But it would be super if I could.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements