× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Backup on Dropbox synced local folder

NASinOZ
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Backup on Dropbox synced local folder

ReadyNAS 102
ReadyCloud desktop client v1.0.541.118
Laptop OS: OSX 10.9.5

I've been trying to run the "Backup Mac Folder" in the ReadyCloud desktop client so that I can backup and synchronise local folders on my Macbook to my ReadyNAS device.

At work we use Dropbox for file sharing and synchronisation and I wanted to make a duplicate copy of some shared Dropbox folders so that while they synchronise with our work server they will also sync with my ReadyNAS at the same time.

When I select one of these shared local Dropbox folders the ReadyCloud desktop client starts its process of indexing and then downloading (or uploading?) the subfolders and files to my ReadyNAS - it looks like its all working at this stage. There are lots of subfolders and the total size is around 10GB so it takes a while. The problem is that when the process says it is complete while there appears to be a full subdirectory list that has synchronised, not all the content of each folder has synced. In fact it looks about roughly half of the folders have correctly synced.

When I run a test backup with a non-dropbox synced folder and only a few files it all seems to work fine.

Any idea what the problem is when trying to run the backup on folders that are already Dropbox synced, and whether there is a fix?

Thanks
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements