× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop App not syncing to laptop

BekZ
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Desktop App not syncing to laptop

Hi,

I'm new to Ready Cloud and I'm having trouble setting up the desktop app.  It says the folder is syncronizing but it only ever says 0% and I can't access my files unless I log in through an internet browser.  I'm not the admin of the server so I cant find where to change syncing options.

Just want to be able to access the files through Windows Explorer so I dont have to keep uploading and overwriting files. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Bek

Message 1 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BekZ, welcome to the community! May we know which device (router/ReadyNAS) are you using the desktop app for?

Dexter

Message 2 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB ,

Thank you for getting back to me.  It is a Netgear File Server.  I can't find anything on it that says the model.  Would it be one of the numbers on the bottom?

Thanks,

Rebekah

Message 3 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Rebekah, yes, it is on the label/sticker at the bottom of the unit. Please look for something that indicates Model (usually starts with RND for ReadyNAS).

Dexter 

Message 4 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB ,

The sticker says *RN10222D-100AJS*.

Thanks for your help!

Rebekah

Message 5 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@BekZ wrote:

Just want to be able to access the files through Windows Explorer so I dont have to keep uploading and overwriting files. Any help would be appreciated!

If you know the NAS hostname or IP address, try entering \\hostname or \\ip-address into the file explorer address bar (using the actual name or ip address of course).  You should see a list of folders.  

Message 6 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Thanks @StephenB 

Unfortunately this didnt do anything.  I can see the Ready Cloud Location in Explorer but when I click on it, it says the folder is empty?

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@BekZ wrote:

Unfortunately this didnt do anything. 

It had to have done something.  Are you saying you got an error?  If so, what did it say?

@BekZ wrote:

I can see the Ready Cloud Location in Explorer but when I click on it, it says the folder is empty?

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Message 8 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB 

I got an error message saying Windows cannot access \\Tritel_Cloud.  See attached screenshot of Explorer.

Thank you

Rebekah

Message 9 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB 

I got an error message saying Windows cannot access \\Tritel_Cloud.  See attached screenshot of Explorer.

Thank you

Bek

Message 10 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@BekZ wrote:

Ok, but you don't seem to have tried what I asked you to do.  You appear to be accessing through ReadyCloud, and I wanted you to access the NAS directly  -  entering \\ip-address into the file explorer address bar. (using the actual IP address of the NAS).

Message 11 of 12
BekZ
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB 

Sorry for the delay.  I wont be able to check this until next week.  I will get back to you then.

Thanks,

Bek

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements