× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud for Mac

GavinMerwin
Aspirant

ReadyCloud for Mac

Hi,

I have a ReadyNas 102 running the most recent firmware version. We're using ReadyCloud and Netgear's Vault program. The ReadyCloud web based platform works great. I have no issues with the Mobile version on my iPhone  and/or iPad. However, I am having issues getting the client to work on Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.3. It will download and has created a shortcut in finder over on the left. It will connect and shows my shares. It started syncing the share I wanted it to and some data is showing up, but it ran for hours and hours and wouldn't complete. I closed my computer and tried it again later and now it sits at downloading 0% and won't sync. 

This was designed to be a Dropbox replacement for our company so I'm having frustrations that it isn't working as expected. Any solutions??

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
GavinMerwin
Aspirant

Just to add an update. After a few HOURS (Dropbox does this in 10 minutes with my internet) the downloading part has completed but the Sync keeps failing! It'll get to 50% and then say Sync Offline. I click it and goes back to 0% for 10 minutes then fails. 

Message 2 of 8
GavinMerwin
Aspirant

I reset the connection and it shows online but VPN disconnected. Sometimes when I click it'll say VPN online others it'll just spin and spin? 

Message 3 of 8
GavinMerwin
Aspirant

Message 4 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GavinMerwin

Have you checked if the same thing is happening on a Windows computer? What is the Desktop app version?

Regards

Message 5 of 8
GavinMerwin
Aspirant

Hi @Marc_V  and thanks again! I haven't had a use for the PC version as my PC at the office is hardwired into the network. But I downloaded the client this morning and after 2 hours it downloaded and synced. I dropped in a test file and it appears to be working on windows. 

It's Version 1.6.766.178 downloaded on March 6th, 2019. 

Message 6 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GavinMerwin

There had been a couple of issues that has been identified on ReadyCloud, one is with the DNS server pointing out to an old IO server and the other is about a security enhancement for ReadyCloud which needs to have a new client 1.17. Though it seems the issue with your Mac OS is not with the two can you still try to update your version?

You want to try checking for updates on your Mac OS ReadyCloud client or you may want to try this link and reinstall the client.

Regards

Message 7 of 8
GavinMerwin
Aspirant

When I click check for updates it says v1.6 and says it's up to date. I moved application to trash and clicked your link to reinstall but it remembered all my login settings and did a new install and still says v1.6 which is what I had before? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements