× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud transition to MyNetgear

Hardhat
Aspirant

ReadyCloud transition to MyNetgear

I have become lost and confused in this transition from ReadyCloud to MyNetgear. The emails seemed clear and I thought I prepped and understood what to do. Now that Ive done it.. I cant see a change, so either I failed along the way and/or don't really know what I should expect to see.

The admin logon to locally attached RN312 looks the same as before and probably shouldnt have changed.

The remote logon as I understood it was the purpose of ReadyCloud. I do not see any change in it which I expected to. I was expecting to see words such as MyNetgear vs ReadyCloud. The only MyNetgear I see is when I go to a site that says Welcome to MyNetgear and it has menu choices of items including MySupport, MyProfile, MyProducts, etc. None of which give me the remote access I had with ReadyCloud.

I regret having to post this, cause I know I must be overlooking an obvious answer and feel incompetent not having figured it out on my own. Where is this new single sign-on supposed to take me and what should I be able to do from there?

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud transition to MyNetgear

Hello Hardhat,

I'm sorry if you are getting confused with these accounts, a lot of users too get this feeling, I must say. The sole purpose if of migrating from ReadyCloud to MyNetgear is for the users to use one account to manage the the ReadyCloud access and the Netgear product's registration to Netgear support site. This is like the account that has all the rights to register the product with Netgear support (not only with ReadyCloud), to purchase support contracts and licenses.

Please see this article: ReadyCLOUD to MyNETGEAR Single Sign-On FAQ, it may have answers to your questions.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Hardhat,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Hardhat
Aspirant

JennC, Thanks again for your help, but I must have hit a brain dead spot in this ReadyStuff.

Apparently I had the misconception that the url's I might go to sign in for MyNetgear and ReadyCloud and Community, etc would become the same location, or that I could access one from the other such as ReadyCloud from MyNetgear, which is not the case. I can't even go to Community (which is on the menu) from MyNetgear without another sign in, even if i was already logged in at MyNetgear. I find it baffling to continue to see on sign in screens such as ReadyCloud options to "upgrade to a mynetgear account" and on my iphone the option to "upgrade to a netgear account".

I think I am realizing this was just creating the same sign in username and password to be used at each of the original sites (ie - SSO), in which case I have seen no benefit. It may just take me longer than others to get this transition thing worked out in my mind.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Hardhat,

The account/username is the email address you have setup with MyNetgear. Password is the password you set it with.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements