× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA Randomly doesn't work

filippo333
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA Randomly doesn't work

Ever since uninstalling Plex media server ReadyDLNA has never been quite right. It doesn't turn off it just doesn't work after a while unless you manually turn the service off and on again. I've fixed it in the past by reinstalling ReadyNAS OS, but this is a pretty extreme fix.

Anyone have any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyDLNA Randomly doesn't work

How often do you get the issue? Do you lose access on the DLNA enabled devices? What FW are you running?
Message 2 of 4
filippo333
Aspirant

Nhellie wrote:
How often do you get the issue? Do you lose access on the DLNA enabled devices? What FW are you running?

I'm running 6.2.4 and yes DLNA drops out completely unless I manually toggle it each bootup. I know this as I cannot access my media share from my PS3 or Android phone until I disable and enable the service again. I noticed this started happening after I installed Plex media server on my ReadyNAS however; it's been uninstalled for days now yet this issue still persists.
Message 3 of 4
TheNASer
Aspirant

Same issue here. I'm running FW 6.2.4 and since i uninstalled PlexMediaServer i lose DLNA Recognition after powering off the client device. My Workaround for now is to unplug and replug the Ethernet cable.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements