× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyDLNA does not find all files (dirs, files missing)

myddleman
Aspirant

will come out of debug mode thankyou
Message 26 of 33
de_niro
Guide

Latest beta version fixed DLNA rescan button issue,please download it from
viewtopic.php?f=154&t=72282
Message 27 of 33
tdldp
Aspirant

chokobanana wrote:

There's still a bug in there though.. the auto/rescan function does NOT work as it should. And the manual button makes absolutely no sense. At least write in the log that something is happening.

I confirm Choko's Diagnosis on a RN102 that is also concerned by the minidnla Bug...
This affects a LG TV DNLA Access : LG42LA660S which used to work with Lacie or Iomega Nas or Network Drives.

Am installing new firmware to check if correction really works.

Nevertheless : I get serveral of these during manual rescan :

metadata.c:742: warn: Opening /data/Videos/Series/Videos/N.c.i.s._M6_2012_01_27_22_30.flv failed! [Invalid data found when processing input]
scanner.c:488: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /data/Videos/Series/Videos/N.c.i.s._M6_2012_01_27_22_30.flv!

Any ideas on this (will search the forums meanwhile)..
Message 28 of 33
olest
Guide

This bug with the rescan button is fixed in latest beta i think.
Message 29 of 33
hovishead
Aspirant

Chokobanana, thank you for posting the below, sadly I am a SSH/linux/unix (I don't even know what OS it is!) newbie, so have tried to follow the instructions, but am stuck. I expect I am making a simple mistake and hope you can help!!!

I have a MS2110 Netgear NAS, and have managed to SSH in to root access, and I was able to search for the minidlna process, and also got similar from the help file (no "-S changes behaviour for systemd", but the rest was the same word for word), as below:

"Usage:
        /usr/sbin/minidlna [-d] [-f config_file]
                [-a listening_ip] [-p port]
                [-s serial] [-m model_number]
                [-t notify_interval] [-P pid_filename]
                [-w url] [-R] [-V] [-h]

Notes:
        Notify interval is in seconds. Default is 895 seconds.
        Default pid file is /var/run/minidlna.pid.
        With -d minidlna will run in debug mode (not daemonize).
        -w sets the presentation url. Default is http address on port 80
        -h displays this text
        -R forces a full rescan
        -V print the version number"

I've tried to force a full rescan with the below command:

bash-3.2# /usr/sbin/minidlna -R

but all that happens is the help opens again. I notice you used $ systemctl stop minidlna to stop the process, but systemctl doesn't appear to be a command in my version. Instead I've tried rebooting the NAS figuring that would stop the process and I could try to start the full rescan command on a clean boot, but this also had the same effect of opening the help rather than rescanning.

I've tried:

/usr/sbin/minidlnad -R

/usr/sbin/minidlna -d -R

and other variations with no luck

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please? What do I need to type into the terminal to force a rescan?

Many thanks!!!

Message 30 of 33
StephenB
Guru

You are responding a 2 year-old thread (and I suspect the bug being referred to has already been fixed).

There is no need to use SSH to force a rescan.  Just use the rescan button in the web ui.

See this: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23069/~/what-is-the-readydlna-streaming-service-and-ho...

Message 31 of 33
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

@hovishead wrote:

I have a MS2110 Netgear NAS, and have managed to SSH in to root access, and I was able to search for the minidlna process, and also got similar from the help file (no "-S changes behaviour for systemd", but the rest was the same word for word), as below:

Storas are pretty old now and haven't been updated in quite some time -- maybe you could consider upgrading to a newer NAS 🙂

I'm closing this thread as there's a solution. Please open a new thread if necessary.

Message 32 of 33
StephenB
Guru

@kohdee wrote:

@hovishead wrote:

Storas are pretty old now and haven't been updated in quite some time -- maybe you could consider upgrading to a newer NAS 🙂

Stora has its sub-forum.  If you have issues with the Stora, post them at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/bd-p/stora?topic-zoom=&sort-by=&date-range=all

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements