× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA not showing up in Streaming Services???

mrdave1
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA not showing up in Streaming Services???

i am new my user name is mrdave i never used a forum board before and i do not know if this is right,i was looking at http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=74119 and it seems like my problemi just do not understand how to fix it link comes up blank
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyDLNA not showing up in Streaming Services???

mrdave - the link is a download. It is still valid - try right-clicking on it, and doing as "save as". Exact wording depends on which browser you are using.

The idea is to then install the download on the NAS.
Message 2 of 9
mrdave1
Aspirant

i sorry but i am learning how these posts work. i am not a very brite computer person, i try to save the link as a .txt file. now, before i do anything with it let me explain my problem. when i go into frontview i choose services,streaming services.
it comes in as a unused page, it takes about 30 seconds and it refreshes and all the boxes are checked but no tivos are listed.
if you would like i can send screen shots. also i do not know what to do with the link. thank you very much for helping.
Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

If you are trying to download the add-on in this link (https://www.readynas.com/contributed/md ... .0-x86.bin) You download the link as it is (FIXDLNANOTSHOWING_1.0-x86.bin), not a text file.

But I am not sure you need it. It sounds like your problem is really that ReadyDLNA is not finding your Tivos, not that ReadyDLNA is missing from the UI. I don't have any Tivos, so I am not the best guy to troubleshoot.

What firmware is running on your ultra? (It's on the home page of the NAS, on the line that says "Firmware:")
Message 4 of 9
mrdave1
Aspirant

i hate being a pain, but i have trouble finding and doing things on these forums. i had netgear guide through a firmware update, it seems tivo did an update while i was gone and a firmware was needed for me. however i am still having some quirkie issues still. can you tell me where the dump.txt file gets it info from after i clear it. because some tivo kuid do not rearchive after i delete them from the nas and try to rearchive them the next day. also some files appear as dates instead of their names.i under stand you are not a tivo guy but can you point me to someone who is? you have been a big help and thank you very much. also where can i get info on what the txt files mean in the logs and will it hurt if i edit any of them
Message 5 of 9
mrdave1
Aspirant

netgear had me update firm ware to 4.2.27 now it archives a show only once sometimes and it drops off my network and i have to rescan to get it back , is this firmware the o/s 6 they talk about? and i deleted all files on the nas from all files when it does archive the dump.txt is full of files that were archived from previous years. i don't know where that is coming from considering there are no files in any of the folders when i try to archive. any clues, maybe it needs to be deleted too ( from that source )
Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

o/s is firmware 6.x.x (not 4.2.x)
Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's your support case number?
Message 8 of 9
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

If you want ReadyTiVo to destroy its history, and thus re-archive all your KUID programs, then try renaming dump.txt to prune.txt.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements