× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA slow database rebuild

ahdvd
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA slow database rebuild

Have a Readynas 104 with 2x 6tb raided and 2x 4tb raided drives. There is also an external 4tb drive connected by USB. The NAS is used largely for storage of video and audio files from editing, but also for a large amount of video and audio files for streaming on a home network to smart TV's.

Recently we had a power cut so theNAS was**bleep** off improperly (a few weeks ago i needd to **bleep** it down to move it and did so properly and shut down via front button - this resulted in no problems at the time and the readyDLNA index was kept intact). after the power cut this time though the readynas started rebuilding the readyDLNA index from scratch, which I have not done for a while but when last doing so did not take longer than a day.

It is currently 3 days since the power cut, the index is only at most half way through the 6tb drive and IS rebuilding, but seems exceptionally slow. I've gone into it via my smart TV and been able to check the progress at times and can't see any reason for it going so slowly. In the web user interface there are no errors being shown that I can see, no problems with the drives or the cpu or anything indicated. At this rate it's going to take at least another 6 or 7 days to finish the index, so overall at least 10 days which, even given a large amount of data, seems especially slow. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyDLNA slow database rebuild

@ahdvd wrote:

Recently we had a power cut so theNAS was**bleep** off improperly

Is the NAS also syncing the RAID volume(s)?  Or is it just rebuilding the ReadyDLNA index?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements