× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA sticks during scan on Duo v2

billzab
Aspirant

As the topic says, when scanning my music files the readyDLNA media server sticks at the same point every time and only shows about a tenth of my files. I have tried starting and stoping it but no difference. I have tried radiators .5, .6 and .7 and all do the same. I came from a duo v1 and although the duo v2 is faster, everything else about it is shit. The dashboard is horrible to use on a windows PC with chrome browser, the lack of Twonky, iTunes, etc is terrible as well and the product should not have been released without at the very least, having the same options as duo v1. As far as I know, this scan problem has been ongoing and I can't believe it is taking so long to sort out a vital part of the operating system on this NAS.
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyDLNA sticks during scan on Duo v2

More than likely there is a specific file that is causing the problem. There are some ways to put ReadyDLNA into a debug mode that could find it, or you could possibly find it through the process of elimination.
Message 2 of 8
billzab
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Stephen. I don't know Linux so not sure how to do the debug thing. I could search my files but not sure what I am looking for. There is a file named 'core' left at the point where it stalls, and I have deleted this, but no change. Any more help would be welcome. Thanks.

Bil.
Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

ReadyDLNA debug is an add-on you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=27946 Installing it again will turn the mode off.

After installing it, you would do a scan and download the logs. The debug logs should include info on every file scanned, so you should be able to see the last file that worked (and maybe if lucky the one that provoked the crash).

Trying to do this manually is possible, though tedious. Basically the files you see scanned ok, so the problem is in the "next" file scanned that you don't see. You can temporarily move music out of the folder, and then gradually add music/rescan until it breaks again.

Or start from where you are, and gradually move directories/files out of the folder, and rescan until it works. The file causing trouble will in the the last batch you moved.
Message 4 of 8
billzab
Aspirant

Hi Stephen. I have installed the debug addon and rescanned my media, stalled again at same location. I am trying to find the log file but can't find using my windows 7 PC. I have a new share called 'Homes' but can't access it as I don't have the permissions. This share is not visible in dashboard. I have tried to search for the solution on the forum but no joy. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks, bill.
Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

That share is where the private user folders are placed. If you look at the "C" folder (using your NAS admin credentials) you should be able to explore it.

On the log files - try downloading all logs to your PC.
Message 6 of 8
billzab
Aspirant

Just to update and close the topic: The log files identified the album track causing the problem. Using MP3Tag, I discovered the file was corrupt (not sure why although the embedded album art was distorted on this file only). I have re-ripped the track and re-tagged it and all is well. Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Great. You can turn off the debug toggle by installing it again.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements