× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDNLA Showing Multiply Dublicate Entries

Maestro64
Aspirant

ReadyDNLA Showing Multiply Dublicate Entries

I am running a ReadyNAS 102 with firmward 6.2.4, I have the DNLA server set up and it is set to autoscan, the problem I keep encountering is the fact when I add new movies content all my DNLA streaming devices will show multiply entries like 10's to 100's of the same items most time it will be a ramdon movie however, it is usually one of the new movies I added to the server. The only way to clear the issue is to go into the admin window of the server and force it to rescan the content. After it does this it is fine until I add new content again. I am also running Plex on it and any streaming devices that can access the PLEX server has not issue seeing the new movies and does not show any dublicate entries.

Has anyone else encountered this, if so how do you resolve the issue.

TIA

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyDNLA Showing Multiply Dublicate Entries

Hi Maestro64,

I suggest that you update the firmware to v6.2.5.  As per the release notes of v6.2.5, it fixes the UI crash on systems with a large number of DLNA-enabled shares.  Here is the link where to download the firmware v6.2.5.  

Hope it helps.  Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Maestro11
Aspirant

The interesting part is that 6.4 is now the current available version. I am not having a UI crash and I only have one DLNA shared folder with about 100 movies. This has been an ongoing issue, and the web interface to the server is not having the issue only external devices looking at the NAS for content.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Maestro11,

Have you already updated the firmware to v6.2.5?

I advise you NOT to update the firmware to v6.4.0.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

I think there's a log specifically for scanning on ReadyDLNA. Can you possibly PM me a copy of your logs so I can review? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements