× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDR Not Working

rclementtx
Guide

ReadyDR Not Working

I’ve been foiled in trying to create the simplest ReadyDR backup job, so I’m turning to the community for a hand. 

I have a 1-1/2 year old RN316 running version 6.9.1 firmware.  And I’m trying to set up a 3-2-1 file backup/disaster scheme where I keep 3 copies of every file – one on my main server (the RN316), a backup on an older Ultra6 that rides on my in-house network, and a third copy of a file-off site (in my daughter’s house) on a 1-1/2 year old RN314, also running version 6.9.1 firmware. 

Both the RN314 and RN316 are registered under my Netgear account and I can “see” when I log onto ReadyCloud.  Plus these two machines currently use Netgear’s Replicate service to exchange backup files today (but I understand that Replicate is being phased out).

I have a ReadyDR access key for the RN314 that I’ve imported into my RN316 ReadyDR Access List.  I’ve also loaded my Access Key onto that list.  On the RN314, I’ve similarly loaded Access Keys for the RN316 and its own key.

When I try to create a ReadyDR backup job, I can’t figure out how to identify the REMOTE HOST IP or DNS address since it’s on a physically different network from mine (and located 300 miles away).  I’m on a Frontier FIOS internet provider for my RN316 and the RN314 is on an ATT U-Verse connection.  (In the past, the Replicate service handled the rigors of identifying each machine.)

Is ReadyDR capable of doing what I want to do?  If so, how do I get to “first base” in defining a Remote Host when I try to set up a job?  If there’s a good knowledge base tutorial that will help, I’d appreciate that too.

Many thanks.

Model: RN31664D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyDR Not Working

You'd either need to use port forwarding or use a VPN. See ReadyDR FAQ

Do you have static IPs for your internet connection?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements