× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDR Unknown Error 255 on ReadyNAS 422

Jon_Techniform
Aspirant

ReadyDR Unknown Error 255 on ReadyNAS 422

I recently noticed our ReadyNAS unit was not backing up to our offsite ReadyNAS. We are getting an unknown error 255. Both units were working fine for months. I tried updating both units to the most recent firmware 6.9.4, we had 6.9.0 prior to that. In the history is shows that it connected and with average durations from 2-8 hours some as high as 10 or 20 hours which was normal before when it did complete the backup.  I have attached a copy of the ReadyDR logs.

We do use a DDNS service on the offsite unit.  I have verified this is still working correctly.

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyDR Unknown Error 255 on ReadyNAS 422

Did you also check that the port is still forwarded to the correct IP address on the far end router?

Message 2 of 4
Jon_Techniform
Aspirant

Yes, I verified the port I have setup is forwarded to the correct IP address.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I don't use ReadyDR, so hopefully someone who does will chime in.

It looks like the job is running for some hours before it loses the connection somehow.  Perhaps PM @Marc_V or @JohnCM_S and ask them if they are willing to analyze your full log zip.  (Don't post that zip publically, as there is some information leakage if you do).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements