× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDR backup and snapshot deletion

debumitra
Tutor

ReadyDR backup and snapshot deletion

Hello,

I have ReadyDR backup set up a ReadyNAS 314 (source) to a ReadyNAS 424 (destination) both running firmaware 6.9.2. The ReadyDR backup fires based on a daily (smart) snapshot schedule that fires at midnight.

At the source, some of the snapshots are very big as lots of changes happened on the share that day. But I don't care about retaining these snapshots/changes.

(1) May I freely delete some large snapshots at the source without compromising the integrity of the backed up snapshots at destination?

(2) I understand that when a backed up snapshot is deleted at source, it is *not* automatically deleted at destination by the next backup job. To keep the two sides in sync, I plan to *manually* delete from destination the snapshots deleted at source. Is this a problem? Or, is the integrity of the remaining snapshots at destination still fine?

Thanks.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay,RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements