× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyDR failing with "ReadyDR job failure: File exists"

mdutton
Aspirant

ReadyDR failing with "ReadyDR job failure: File exists"

ReadyDR has been running well. First snapshot is August 2018.

Since yesterday, I suddenly get failures with the error in the subject line of this post. I have not seen any reference to the sub error "File exists" when searching, so I am hoping someone here knows why this would be happening.

The unit is a Pro4 but it is running v6.10.1 and has 2Gig RAM.

Model: RNDP4000|ReadyNAS Pro 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mdutton

Welcome to the Community!

Can you send us a more detailed view on the logs? might be better if you can send us the full logs.

Have you tried recreating the ReadyDR job? It might be possible that the job tried resending the snapshot but does not want to override the snapshot that was backed up.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
mdutton
Aspirant

Thanks for the welcome Marc

I can send the logs. Before I do, will  they contain any sensitive information? 

If I delete and recreate the job, will it pick up from where it left off? I have 58GB on the source that will take a while to re-seed. I can do this, but I would like to know if it is just a file somewhere that needs clearing in case it happens again. We have a lot of clients with Readynas units, so any intelligence we can gather with these issues is great for us to support them.

Cheers

Mark

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements