× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyDR key exchange

WarrenT
Tutor

ReadyDR key exchange

I have two ReadyNAS 31211 on my SOHO LAN, ie behind the same firewall. One is the NAS Primary (RAID1), and the other on the same LAN is NAS Backup (RAID1). Router is Draytek Vigor 2860. NAS have static IP addresses in the same range:  xxx.1.61 (Primary) and xxx.1.62 Backup). The two NAS devices communicate with each other because Backup extracts daily backup of nominated shares from NAS Primary using RSYNC. Has done so for a few years without problem. Both are running latest version of OS 6.9.5. NAS Primary has been doing Snapshots of shares for a few years, and this is working well. I am now trying to setup ReadyDR so that NAS Primary (local) will send the Snapshots to NAS Backup (remote) under ReadyDR protocol. I have trouble to perform the Key Exchange (automatic), between NAS Primary and NAS Backup. I get an error message that the user Id (admin) and p/word are not correct. Yet I know that when I use RADAR to connect to the NAS Backup and NAS Primary, using the same user ID (admin) and same p/w, Radar will connect without problem. Could the problem be Port 443 and Port 5253 being 'closed'?

I can supply screen shot if necessary.

Thanks

Warren, Sevenoaks

Model: RN31211D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (1x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3
WarrenT
Tutor

Can I add that when I perform the ReadyDR the other way around, ie use NASBackup to suck data from a share on NASPrimary, this works OK. I was able to do the Key Exchange in this direction (ie connect to admin a/c on NAS Primary (from NASBackup) using the right p/w and establish a 'trusted relationship'), and thus on the NASPrimary, the key and fingerprint for NASBackup are recorded in the Access List. The ReadyDR job ran OK. I just cannot access the NASBackup when attemting to do the Key Exchange for settingup a ReadyDR job on the NASPrimary to 'puish' a job to the NASBackup. Thus I cannot do the 'Export Seed' for a push type job.

Thanks,

Warren

Model: RN31221D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (2x 1TB Desktop)
Message 2 of 3
WarrenT
Tutor

I have a query. What is a Seed File? What does it look like?

When i come to Export the seed file as per the guidance in the Readynas notes for creating a new ReadyDR job, what type of file shall I be looking for?

Thanks again,

Warren

Model: RN31221D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (2x 1TB Desktop)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements