× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102. Blinking light. Dirty disk. Power supply issue.

hando2000
Follower

ReadyNAS 102. Blinking light. Dirty disk. Power supply issue.

Hi All, First time poster here. I've been using my readyNAS for a few years without a problem, but now I am deeply concerned I may have lost all my data. 

The 2 disks (4TB each) were running in RAID 1 and had several partitions. Documents, Pictures, Movies, Music.

A few weeks ago there was a power outage and when the power was restored the NAS didn't start up. I tried the drives in an external USB dock and installed linux on virtual box. I didn't really know what I was doing in linux and so I wasn't able to retrieve the data.

I tried them in another NAS box but it was a different brand and couldn't read the data. It asked me if I wanted to format the disks and I was very careful and deliberate to not select that. It did say that one of the disks had bad sectors and the other disk was all good. This gave me some hope.

I also tried to use some data recovery software (diskinternals) with the external dock. It could see the disk, but not the data.

I thought it may be a problem with the power supply. I purchased a new one and the ReadyNAS came to life, however it wouldn't show up on my network, and the power light was blinking. It seems to have 2 blink speeds. Fast or slow. It did a fast blink on initial start up and then it has been slow blinking ever since. I looked up this forum and read about all the other blinking light problems. I downloaded RAIDar and it found the NAS, but it has an issue and wants me to reformat the disk.

There is an "Act" blue led and the 1 and 2 blue leds are illuminated also. And I've tried various reboots with only 1 of each disk or no disks. When there was no disk the RAIDar could still see the NAS but the message said there was "no disk detected" and the three little leds were not illuminated. 

Could anyone please help me? I would be most appreciative.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements