× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 not accessing Admin Page

DaNieLooP
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 not accessing Admin Page

I've inherited a ReadyNas 102, with firmware 6.2.4. The RAIDar says that "Management service is offline" and effectively, I cannot access to the admin web page. Despite that, I've ssh access. Is there any way to recover the admin page without losing my data?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 not accessing Admin Page

The firmware is very dated (2 years old), so you might be better off doing a factory reset, upgrading to 6.7, and then restoring the data.

You could try an OS reinstall from the boot menu (page 27-28 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf).

That will reset the admin password to "password" and also reset the ethernet connection to use dhcp.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could verify you can access your data and backup your data as the first step.

You should then download the logs using RAIDar 6.2. These should give some clues as to why the management service is offline.

Also check the 4GB root volume usage

# df -h
# df -i

If there's plenty of free space on the root volume you could then update the firmware by installing the workaround using SSH:

# cd /tmp
# wget http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ReadyNAS/complete-flash-update_1.0_armel.deb
# dpkg -i complete-flash-update_1.0_armel.deb

Once this is complete you could reboot the NAS

# rn_shutdown -r

and see if it comes up fine after the firmware update.

Welcome to the community!

Message 3 of 4
DaNieLooP
Aspirant

Thank you for the responses.  I have to backup the data and this is the complicated part, because there is ~10 people accessing the data on the NAS continuously. When I solve this I'll try the workaround, there are 3.1G available on root volume and only 27% inodes used.

Thank you again!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements