× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 not booting

sachav
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 not booting

Hi,

I bought a ReadyNAS RN102 a little over a month ago. A few days ago, the NAS stopped booting for no apparent reason.
Here are the symptoms:
The power LED keeps blinking slowly, the "Act" LED blinks like there is activity, and both hard disks LEDs are off.
The NAS can be seen on RAIDar, it displays "Booting", then "No disks detected".
What I have tried:

*Factory reset, with one disk inserted, with both disks inserted, with no disks inserted. Factory reset does exactly the same thing as a normal boot: the power LED flashes and RAIDar indicates "no disk detected".
*OS reinstall, with both and one disk installed.
*Normal boot with both disks, and one disk, and no disk.
*Connecting the NAS directly to a PC through ethernet. Same symptoms; the only thing that changes is the IP of the NAS.

The web admin page displays a "connection refused" error (or "page not found"), the only way the NAS can be accessed is through Telnet (although it asks for a username and password which I don't know).

I'm fairly sure the problem isn't from the drives; the probability of two Seagate drives failing after 1 month exactly at the same time is ridiculously low.

I've contacted tech support and the issue was escalated to level 2; I'm waiting for their email; but if anyone has an idea for something else I can try, please let me know 🙂

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 not booting

I'd wait for support. It seems likely that you have a hardware issue and need a new unit.
Message 2 of 4
sachav
Aspirant

I finally RMA'd the NAS.
I hope the new one won't fail after a month.
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Mine's been running for some years now, so I think your failure is quite rare.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements