× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 "No Volumes or USB discs" after latest firmware upgrade

ChrisF99
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 "No Volumes or USB discs" after latest firmware upgrade

Hi, as per the title, at first after the firmware upgrade I could not log into the ReadyNAS.

I manually rebooted (the only way was to turn the power off for 10 seconds) and now I can log in, but it reports "No volumes or USB discs".

I have been very, very dissapointed by this device and had constant problems since purchase a couple of weeks ago.

Any advice on how to recover my work etc. would be greatly appreciateed.

edit: I can access the disc via the admin panel under "shares", but it still reports "no volumes or USB discs" via the web portal and the app won't log in.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 "No Volumes or USB discs" after latest firmware upgrade

I suggest that you contact support.

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ChrisF99,

How do you access the files? What file protocol do you use? Are you just using ReadyCloud app? Are you on the same network where the NAS is?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
ChrisF99
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

The app would not work - this could have been due to the log in server outage which Netgear "forgot" to tell us about; as such, the only way of me accessing the disc was via the Admin control panel.

As this had been going on for several days I have now removed the disc to recover the files.

Once I have done this I will try again, although I did try re inserting the disc and the unit would not boot.

I will post back when I have re inserted the disc.

Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ChrisF99,

Not sure what method you are planning to do to recover the files but like StephenB mentioned, it is best you check this with the support center since this happened after firmware update.

I checked your profile and you do not have registered ReadyNAS, unless you have registered it already using a different email address.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
ChrisF99
Aspirant

Hi,

I have registered the drive already; it was working reasonably well before the update. Saying that, it would often be randomly unavailable or wouldn't work as expected but it did, at least, work.

The files I have are important. Luckily I was backing everything up to a USB drive and that, to my OneDrive Professonial account - both of which are proving far more reliable than this equipment. Once I have recovered the day of files I didn't have backed up, then I will begin again.

Message 6 of 7
ChrisF99
Aspirant

Hi,

I see what you mean as the Drive was configured as a RAID array so the files were not recovarable by ordinary means.

I performed a factory reset, re registered the device and now it is working again.

Given that the problem could well have stemmed from the outage at Netgear login servers (which Netgear did not bother to let anyone know about) then the lesson I learned from this episode is not to buy Netgear products again.

In the meantime we are now using the drive as a backup to more reliable cloud based solutions.

It's a lesson that cost around £150 but I'd rather have learned it now than if I had relied on Netgear for a critical data application.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements