× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 102 - unable to update to 6.7.5

rrosko
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 - unable to update to 6.7.5

Have 20+ of these RN 102s deployed in our environment in remote offices for basic backup/file storage purposes. We hvae wide-open VPN across our locations and I can login to about half of these devices via the web, the other half I get prompted to login, but they eventually timeout - that's an issue for another day.

Today's issue, I'm receiving prompts to update to 6.7.5 and when selected to download it appears to do just that, but when the prompt comes to do a reboot inevitably the device reboots but never updates so it seems stuck in a never-ending reboot prompt loop after downloading the update. The update apparently doesn't stick and this happens with multiple devices. Check the logs and the devices have rebooted numerous times but I cannot get one device to actually do an update.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi,

What firmware are you on currently?

Also, with ARM units you need to take a specific path when updating from older firmware versions. That being said, the "check for downloads" button in the GUI should take this into account. So, if the GUI asks you to update to 6.7.5 then that should be the one you should go to.

Can you try to:

1. Clear all browser cache/history.

2. Download the firmware and install manually.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RN102.aspx#download

Will it take it then?

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did any of the 20+  102s complete the upgrade successfully? If yes, try to find the difference configurationwise between those, which successfully did and those, which did not.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements