× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 (RN104) cannot update firmware current 6.8.0

BlackCrowTX
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 (RN104) cannot update firmware current 6.8.0

I have a RN104 running 6.8.0 and I cannot update the firmware...when I login to the device it prompts me to update, and it says downloading, then the box just disapears.  I attempted to manually update firmware, and it does the same thing...the page will refresh, but it is not loading or installing the firmware...there are no errors or messages...it just does nothing.  

I have rebooted the device and there are no alerts on the system.  I have also tried from multiple browsers.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 104 (RN104) cannot update firmware current 6.8.0

I guess you could try the update via https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker.  Make sure you install the image file in the zip (not the zip itself).

You might first try to download the logs from the web ui, and see if the OS partition is full.  If you look at the end of volume.log you'll see a section that looks like this:

=== df -h ===
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 10M 4.0K 10M 1% /dev
/dev/md0 4.0G 763M 2.9G 21% /
tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm

/dev/md0 is the OS partition, and it is normally about 20-25% full.  If it's really full OS updates often will fail.

Message 2 of 5
BlackCrowTX
Aspirant

Same result running from that link...it said to reboot and it would install, but did not...

This is the volume.log, plenty of space

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 10M 4.0K 10M 1% /dev
/dev/md0 3.7G 1.2G 2.4G 33% /

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It's not the OS partition, but I don't know what it is.  Hopefully someone from Netgear will ask for the logs.

Message 4 of 5
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@BlackCrowTX

Could do please send log to Netgear?

How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?
https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements