× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 > Playlist Folder Deletion > For Cambridge Audio CXN Network Streaming

MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 > Playlist Folder Deletion > For Cambridge Audio CXN Network Streaming

OK everyone.

After a long time of research, I finally found out how to create an iTunes playlist on the ReadyNAS that the Cambridge Audio CXN network streamer would be able to read. For those of you struggling, you need to export a m3u playlist from iTunes and then copy/paste this into the iTunes folder on the NAS where your iTunes library is held.  Over the next minute or so, the ReadyNAS creates a corresponding playlist in the NAS library.  (These can take a minute or two to appear so be patient.)  To remove the playlist, all you do is delete the original m3u file you pasted and shortly afterwards the playlist will be deleted by the NAS.

Here's the problem I have.

An m3u file i deleted left a ReadyNAS playlist in the directory which I have no way of deleing using standard tools.   My question is how I get to it?

I can see the folder I want to delete my clicking My Computer>ReadyNAS104>Music>Playlists, but there is options here to manually delete these files.

Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

All in the name of perfecting a ReadyNAS/iTunes/Cambridge Audio CXN network streaming solution.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 > Playlist Folder Deletion > For Cambridge Audio CXN Network Streaming

Hi MARKEYBOY,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing some tips on how to make an iTunes playlist and stream /or read it over a Cambridge Audio CXN device. With regard to your problem, we haven't tried nor heard it from other community members who may have used the same devices. Have you tried posting it on Cambridge Audio's forum site or ask their support team about it?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 > Playlist Folder Deletion > For Cambridge Audio CXN Network Streaming

Hello MARKEYBOY, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements