× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104, status indicates that the management service is offline, can't access the web interfac

chuckan615
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104, status indicates that the management service is offline, can't access the web interfac

I went to update the DNS settinsg and found I could not access the web admin page.  I downloaded and ran the RAIDAR utility and it finds the device and reports the four drives are OK but that the "Management service is offline".  I ran the diagnostics and nothing showed up.  I was able to download the Log files.  I think I can use the restart button but I don't want to make things worse.  The firmware version is 6.2.4.  Unit normally percs along and only complains when something goes wrong, like a power bump but the UPS actually protects from these (aka I get an email that the power is "off" and shutdown will commence in 30 seconds and then I get a followup that the power returned and the shutdown cancelled.  Is there any other mechanism to access the admin functions besides the web page.  I can send the log files in case this is helpful.putnambackup.jpeg

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104, status indicates that the management service is offline, can't access the web inte

Please send in the logs you downloaded (See the Sending Logs link in my sig)

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104, status indicates that the management service is offline, can't access the web inte

Not sure why the management service was offline. It started fine when I went to manually start it.

Anyway 6.2.4 is very old firmware. I updated the firmware on the NAS following the recommended update path to the latest firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements