× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 1500 BRICKED

Observeri
Follower

ReadyNAS 1500 BRICKED

I have recently bought an 2nd hand ReadyNAS 1500 that is powering up and was working until I tried to upgrade it to latest RAIDiator v. 6.x. It was running 4.2.x, which I upgraded to latest 4.2.31, but then unfortunately I decided to go for newer one.

I know the model is old, but would be very valuable for me. So if anyone could help me getting the device working again, I'd be so delighted.

I've tried couple of ways with 2 different USB firmware recoveries and reinstalling the OS, but the system seems totally bricked. Power is on, fans run and I am able to select boot mode with SYS-button. But that's about it. 

Any tips how to proceed or to debug the problem with let's say TTL-to-USB or similar? There's no display nor have I found applicable connection to any external displays or so.

Please help 🙂

Model: ReadyNAS RNRX442E|ReadyNAS 1500
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 1500 BRICKED

@Observeri wrote:

I have recently bought an 2nd hand ReadyNAS 1500 that is powering up and was working until I tried to upgrade it to latest RAIDiator v. 6.x. It was running 4.2.x, which I upgraded to latest 4.2.31, but then unfortunately I decided to go for newer one.

Unfortunately the 1500 was a 32 bit system, and OS-6 conversion can only be done with 64 bit 4.2.x NAS.  That's why the system ended up bricked.

I don't know of any way to fix this.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements