× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2120 Active directory only download user accounts with few groups #26591152

lfc-ncm
Initiate

ReadyNAS 2120 Active directory only download user accounts with few groups #26591152

I've been trying to authenticate ReadyNAS with active directory, but ReadyNAS active directory sync failing, somehow it is manage to download 2 group from the active directory and all AD users ? any one can help 

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 2120 Active directory only download user accounts with few groups #26591152

Which firmware are you running?

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Please also check to make sure you are trying to join the domain using an account with admin privileges on your domain.

Message 2 of 5
lfc-ncm
Initiate

Re: ReadyNAS 2120 Active directory only download user accounts with few groups #26591152

I've attached the log for your reference, When I applied the domain setting, it comes with a message "Security setting applied successfully" but comes with import error.

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 3 of 5
sviiimue
Aspirant

have you recived a answer/solution?

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is not yet resolved but some progress has been made.

The best way to deal with these problems is by contacting support to facilitate the necessary troubleshooting though if your support has expired (like lfc-ncm's has) then you would be asked to purchase a support contract so we can do the needed troubleshooting.

lfc-ncm has some IDs not ‘domain UIDs or GIDs’. Also sudo doesn't come pre-installed on the NAS yet it is on this system so it must have been installed somehow e.g. using an app. 3rd party changes via apps or SSH do complicate the troubleshooting process.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements