× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 214 Bug in Firmware 6.9.4

MB0815_DE
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 Bug in Firmware 6.9.4

There seems to be a bug in the new ReadyNAS firmware (version 6.9.4): Since we updated some time ago, we get frequent hangups (about once every two days) when copying files from one folder on the NAS to another. The respective file then has a lock and cannot be accessed again unless restarting the complete ReadyNAS system. The system was completely stable up to the last update, thus I suspect that there is a new bug in the current firmware version. Do other users have similar problems?

This happens with random files in our file system. We usually use Windows to access the NAS (Win 10 Pro), but even from the web administration tool of the NAS, the respective files cannot be deleted or accessed without a restart.

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 214 Bug in Firmware 6.9.4

@MB0815_DE wrote:

There seems to be a bug in the new ReadyNAS firmware (version 6.9.4): Since we updated some time ago, we get frequent hangups (about once every two days) when copying files from one folder on the NAS to another.

I've seen this also, and downgraded to 6.9.3 for now.   I believe Netgear has found an issue, and will be posting a 6.9.5 beta soon to fix it. 

Message 2 of 5
MB0815_DE
Aspirant

Thanks, StephenB, for letting me know that I am not alone. However, can you tell me how to downgrade the Firmware? This does not seem to be as straightforward as upgrading.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It is straightforward.  You just download the zip from https://kb.netgear.com/000055199/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-9-3, extract the image file, and then install it manually from the system->settings page in the web ui.

Message 4 of 5
tac795
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this information.

For me I had a issue, sometime, when my readynas rn102 started, I can't acces to my netwok share and I can not log into the readynas, I need to reboot him.

I also downgrade to 6.9.3 version.

Thierry

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements