× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2304 USB Hard Drive problem

mcbanx
Follower

ReadyNAS 2304 USB Hard Drive problem

I have a ReadyNAS 2304 with firmware 6.10.5 installed and I'm having a problem with 2 usb connected hard drives (named A_Monthly and B_Monthly) that I'm using in a an offline backup rotation. I perform a monthly full backup to the A drive, disconnect and store it offsite then connect the B drive for the next months full backup, repeating every month. My problem is when I disconnect either the A or the B drive (which ever is plugged in) the name and description of what was plugged in persists. For example; I eject the A drive, see that it's gone from the admin page and then connect the B drive, but when it comes up on the admin page it shows as the A drive. The problem is that my monthly backup job (Acronis) is looking for B drive but sees the A drive and fails becuse RN is showing the wrong name. My workaround thus far has been to rename each time I plug the drive in, which I don't think I should have to do as this rotation strategy works on 2 other RN devices (RN 2120 v2 6.10.3) with no issues.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements