× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2312 Repeated Login Challenge

Drunkenspyder
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 2312 Repeated Login Challenge

Model: ReadyNAS 2312 [I scrolled through the list above twice; couldn't find it]

Firmware: 6.10.7

Hi All:

I've encountered something new today I have not seen before. Historically, when I wanted to admin my 2312, I run Netgear RAIDar on my Mac, click on the Admin Page button, and because my admin credentials are saved in my Mac keychain, I am automatically logged in. Today, though I do not believe I have changed anything, the Admin page is challenging me repeatedly for login credentials, even after login in, and while conducting routine tasks. I tried to changing my password, and rebooting the server, but this has continued. This is not the end of the world, but it is annoying. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 2312 Repeated Login Challenge

@Drunkenspyder wrote:

Model: ReadyNAS 2312 [I scrolled through the list above twice; couldn't find it]

I tried to changing my password, and rebooting the server, but this has continued. 

How did you get in to change the password?

Message 2 of 4
Drunkenspyder
Aspirant

I hit cancel a couple of times in the login window, and then the Admin page offered me the opportunity to reset my password by physically pressing the reset button.
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Drunkenspyder wrote:
I hit cancel a couple of times in the login window, and then the Admin page offered me the opportunity to reset my password by physically pressing the reset button.

I am wondering if the browser has the wrong password stored (and is silently using it).

Are you able to log in if you open the browser in incognito/private window mode, and then enter https://nas-ip-address/admin ?

You could also try https://nas-name/admin (since RAIDar always uses nas-ip-address, so nas-name probably wouldn't have the same credentials stored).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements