× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 312 surveillance questions

ReadyNAS 312 surveillance questions

I'm trying to get some information and clarification on using the Surveillance app for my ReadyNAS 312.  I'm looking to adding 2 IP cameras to my home for security purposes and use the NAS for recording.

I've checked to see if the Surveillance Home app was available for the 312 since it comes with a free license, but I could not find it in the apps section (I only found the standard version with the 30 day free trial).  I use my 312 for personal home use.  

Is the Surveillance Home app with the free camera license available for the 312?  I do not mind buying a few license for my 2 cameras, I just need to find out which app I need....and which cameras are best and compatible.

Also, if in the future I need to upgrade to a new Netgear NAS and I purchase some surveillance licenses, will they transfer to the new one?

Thank you for any help!  

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 312 surveillance questions

Hi DynamicHispanic,

Welcome to the community.

What firmware are you currently using with the ReadyNAS?

Here is a link for the app:

Current NETGEAR and Partners Apps & Add-ons

Also, I believe it can be requested from our support group should you need  to transfer it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3

Re: ReadyNAS 312 surveillance questions

Thank you for your response.  I have the latest firmware 6.6.1 on my 312.  I've been trying to find a way to speak to a rep since the phone support is no longer offered on it and chat support never connects me with an agent.  This was my last resort.  I'll look for the app from your link and try to contact someone about the request.  Thank you again.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements