× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 312

flattened
Apprentice

ReadyNAS 312

Hi,

I am not totally new to ReadyNAS but I am new to the current scenario, Apple rather than PC clients, I'm in and the 'things' that have happened and I'd appreciate suggestions on the following.

It is a ReadyNAS 312 (2 Bay) running latest firmware v6.6.0. The clients are all either Apple (Mac OS X and iPhone/iPad).

Our customer required all their data shifting from their Dropbox to the NAS for local storage and access, plus a requirement for remote sales people (Macbook users) to get at their data using ReadyCLOUD app. Here are the issues:

1- the files were copied from the Dropbox folders on the Macs to the shares on the NAS. Since the copy some of these folders & files have 'dodgy' corrupted random looking file/folder names such as ~HWA34N for example rather than the correct folder name since the copy UNLESS viewed from the Mac using AFP. The foldernames appear OK in the readycloud app. If SMB browsing is done from the Mac these names are messed up.

2- Can the 10 folder sync to Mac limit on the cloud app be overridden? They need to sync more to give more of a Dropbox folder kind of feature.

3- I'd like to switch SMB off the shares but apparently I cannot as it will break the ready cloud app. Is this true?

4- I'd like to disable the SMB from advertising on their LAN as it appears in their Shared section of Finder and when double clicked on it shows all the shares setup on the NAS. When they connect with AFP it only shows the shares that they have read/write access to (which is what we want). Furthermore, when clicking on the SMB share it may or may not allow access to the folders.

5- ReadyCloud app often reports sync errors and says 'click for details'. When the click is done it simply opens the sync'd folder but here are no error details so we have no idea whether there really is a problem or not.

6- Is there a readycloud app available for Yosemite 10.5.x levels of Mac OSX. We have one Macbook on this.

7- The readycloud app on the Macs (El Capitan) is inconsistent in gaining the VPN connection.

Also, and you'll probably get lock jaw reading this but ALL users, whether local LAN or remote are connecting via readycloud accounts and the app - for sync purposes as their network is quite slow and they are used to a syncing Dropbox folder which is provided to an extent with the readycloud app's "Sync to Mac" feature. However this 10 item limit coupled with constant chatter about sync errors that cannot be explained is causing nervousness.

Thanks for reading I hope you can help me.

Andy.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements