× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 316 (OS 6.9.1): NAS Performance has dropped, btrfs-transaction 100% CPU

prplshroud2004
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 316 (OS 6.9.1): NAS Performance has dropped, btrfs-transaction 100% CPU

recently a couple of things have happened that may or may not be related, but I'm frankly stuck for answer currently.

Issue 1:  Copying Large amounts of data from one share to another is causing windows 10 to hang and connections to the ReadyNAS drop.  Even the admin web gui.

Issue 2:  Upon rebooting I keep seeing a process running called btrfs-transacti  (probably transaction) that uses 100% of the CPU and the drives the load average of the ReadyNAS up and up.  My 316 has been up for 37 minutes and the load avg is already above 6.0.

This eventually makes things unusable like Plex and other apps installed on the ReadyNAS.

Any thoughts?

Model: RN31662D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x2TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 3
prplshroud2004
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 316 (OS 6.9.1): NAS Performance has dropped, btrfs-transaction 100% CPU

Update:  Walked away for a while (maybe 90 minutes).  The btrfs-transacti process had stopped.  I copied 3GB from one share to another and the process started up again and locked the processor.

For the record, I have 4x2TB drives and 1x4TB drive all in a raid-x config (Netgear's RAID).  I plan on upgrading the 2TB to 4TB drives.

Message 2 of 3
prplshroud2004
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 316 (OS 6.9.1): NAS Performance has dropped, btrfs-transaction 100% CPU

2nd Update:  and now when I go and look at shares in the admin gui, I only see home folders?  I know they are not gone as the space used and free matches up with what I expect to see.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements