× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 4 Ultra Plus wwith OS6

NickHark1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 4 Ultra Plus wwith OS6

I recently upgraded to OS6 and I couldn't be happier.

Now that I have OS6 do I assume it will give me the latest FW that works on my platform, now indicating 6.9.3. It shows I have the most current FW when I check it.

I have a RN 214 sitting next to it with 6.9.2.

It feel like this has given my ReadyNAS 4 Ultra a new lease on life.

Second question: What model ReadyNAS should I use to determine the compatibity of drives? I'm using 4T drives that are also compatible with the RN214, so why wouldn't any other RN214 drives not be compatible?

Model: RNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS 4 Ultra Plus wwith OS6

Yes, normal OS upgrades will now update OS6 on your NAS.  At least until ReadyNAS decides to stop supporting it, whihc they have given no indiction they will do.

Your Ultra is an Intel based machine, and the RN314 is the closest match for compatibility.  But, frankly, I wouldn't put too much weight on drives being tested by Netgear.  Any NAS-specific or non-archive Enterprise class drive should work fine, though all the mounting holes may not line up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS 4 Ultra Plus wwith OS6

Yes, normal OS upgrades will now update OS6 on your NAS.  At least until ReadyNAS decides to stop supporting it, whihc they have given no indiction they will do.

Your Ultra is an Intel based machine, and the RN314 is the closest match for compatibility.  But, frankly, I wouldn't put too much weight on drives being tested by Netgear.  Any NAS-specific or non-archive Enterprise class drive should work fine, though all the mounting holes may not line up.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements