× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 422 Backup to Remote never finishes after upgrade to OS 6.9.0

Vernon41
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 422 Backup to Remote never finishes after upgrade to OS 6.9.0

I have a ReadyNAS 422 with 2x 4TB Enterprise drives. It was implemented in August 17 and undertakes daily backups to an older ReadyNAS. Those have been working reliably until I upgraded to OS 6.9.0 on Friday 27th Oct when the subsequent daily jobs never completed, they show as "In Progress" and the log is never produced. I also have backup jobs that run to a directly connected (eSATA) hard drive. Those have continued to work fine. I have tried deleting the remote jobs and recreating them, the problem persists. Rebooting both NAS's also makes no difference. Any ideas please?

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 422 Backup to Remote never finishes after upgrade to OS 6.9.0

If you are using the SMB protocol in a ReadyNAS backup job:

Netgear is pushing a hot-fix to 6.9.0 systems.  That will be automatically installed over the next week.  But you can accelerate it by rebooting the NAS and waiting about 15 minutes.  The web UI will still say 6.9.0 (it doesn't show the hot-fix patch level).

Message 2 of 4
Vernon41
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I have no evidence of any update having been "automatically Applied" to my NAS nor would I expect that to occur without my knowledge. Can you offer any evidence to support your statements please that this is a known issue and that a patch is being provided?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Vernon41 wrote:

Can you offer any evidence to support your statements please that this is a known issue and that a patch is being provided?

There are several threads here.  For instance.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Backing-up-to-your-ReadyNAS/cifs-smb-backup-jobs-not-working-on-FW-...

This post gives you some guidance on how to tell if the hot-fix has been applied: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/backups-from-pc-failing-after-upgrade/m-p/14108...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements