× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 4220 - Backup jobs failing

ITGroup
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 4220 - Backup jobs failing

We have a ReadyNAS 422X64E that we use to back up our data (we use Veeam software to handle the backup jobs). Recently, our backup jobs have been failing with error "Could not perform threshold check for backup location "\\CPA-NAS1\Backup" due to space info retrievement fail! Error: Access is denied." And when we try to access it from Windows Explorer, the 'Backup' folder looks to be missing. We've tried updating and restarting the NAS, but the problem persists. Any ideas on what could be causing the errors? Thanks in advance!

Model: RN422X64E|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T (6x4TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS 4220 - Backup jobs failing

Do you see other shares?  If not, make sure SMB is still enabled in the GUI under System/Settings.

Do you see the Backup share from the GUI?  If so, go in and see if the network access permissions got changed somehow or SMB got turned off for it.

If you don't see it in the GUI either, then from an SSH shell, do an ls /Backup and see if the directory is still there.

If the directory is still there in SSH, with it's expected contents, but not in the GUI, I don't know how to make the GUI see it.  I don't know if one of the Netgear mods will post that info publicly or will want to remotely access your NAS to do it themselves.  If the directory is missing even in SSH or is empty, you are probably looking at a data recovery situation.

Message 2 of 7
ITGroup
Aspirant

Hi - thanks for responding! SMB is enabled. From Windows Explorer, if I browse the NAS, I do not see the share. But I can directly access the share if I use the UNC path. 

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Do you see the share in the share list in the web ui?  (not explorer)?

Message 4 of 7
ITGroup
Aspirant

Yes, in the web ui we are able to see the share

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@ITGroup wrote:

Yes, in the web ui we are able to see the share

Ok.  Can you double-check that it isn't configured as hidden?  Click on the share settings wheel, then the network access page.  Then click on "advanced".

Also, do you see the share when you run CMD on the PC, and then enter 

net view
Message 6 of 7
ITGroup
Aspirant

that worked! for some reason it was configured as 'hidden'. thank you!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements