× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 4220 iSCSI disconnecting.

tmoran
Follower

ReadyNAS 4220 iSCSI disconnecting.

Hello everybody,

We are having some difficulty troubleshooting an issue here.

We have an ESX 5.5 server using our ReadyNAS as storage via iSCSI.

We are trying to determine if there is an issue with the ReadyNAS.

Last week, several of our VMWare guests sitting on the ReadyNAS became unresponsive. When we attempted to vMotion one of the guests, the vMotion process hung at around 40%.

Rebooting the one of the ESX hosts didn't help at all.

When we rebooted the ReadyNAS, the ESX hosts started responding again and we were able to recover the guests.

We've submitted logs to VMWare, but haven't heard back from them yet.

The firmware is 6.8.0

We are using Seagate 6 x 4TB IronWolf NAS drives in Raid 5, and they all appear to be in good working order.

We started transferring a large amount of data to one of the virtual disks on one of the virtual machines on the NAS about 10 days prior to the issue.

The last time (prior to the failure) I checked on the copy job, it was at 1.4TB/1.6 million files (all pdfs). Other than that nothing has changed on the NAS.

Whatever suggestions you could give me to help narrow this down would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tmoran,

I understand that you are having trouble with iscsi and VMwares with your Readynas device. May we ask for the complete logs of the NAS, you may use file sharing website like wikisend and just PM me the download link. Have you receive an update about the logs from the VMware. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tmoran,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements