× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 424 - Cannot see and access to the standard folders "documents, music, video and images"

Robrecht
Follower

ReadyNAS 424 - Cannot see and access to the standard folders "documents, music, video and images"

Hello,

I have ReadyNAS 424 for several months. From the beginning, he worked in the initial configuration on the Windows 10 network. I uploaded some data for testing purposes. Everything was fine until the last update to version 6.10.2. After the update there were problems with SMB, it was not possible to enter the server from Windows 10. I tried to set SMB again but without success. On the second day I logged in at work via the cloud and at that time all standard catalogs were still available. A few hours later I logged in a second time and then standard catalogs were no longer visible, in their place appeared one new directory called the email account through which I log in to the cloud. On site I also found no catalogs, just like in the cloud. The data probably remained because the amount of space used by the data did not change. Also, attempting to create a new catalog called "music" ends with a bug report. It is likely that the data directories still exist but are not visible and cannot be accessed. I have never encountered such a situation. The worst thing is that I have no idea how to explain what happened. Nothing promised trouble. Does anyone know what can be done to make catalogs visible again? The data is not critical but I would like to know what the future is about. Greater operational reliability should be expected from the device for business applications. What happened is unacceptable.

Regards,
Robert

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements