× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 428 data transfer is very slow..

Karuna
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 428 data transfer is very slow..

Hi, I am using READYNAS428 with 8 bay. 4 bay loaded with 6TB hard disk. Past few weeks data copying from NAS is very slow. It is starting at 100MBPS and reduces to 0 in sometime and hangs. I tried changing Switch, LAN cable, refragmentation, updating antivirus, softwate update, direct connection to desktop...But nothing has worked. Could someone pls help me with any thoughts what can be the problem..I am tired of trying the options what ever I know..Pls help me..
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 428 data transfer is very slow..

@Karuna wrote:
Hi, I am using READYNAS428 with 8 bay. 4 bay loaded with 6TB hard disk. Past few weeks data copying from NAS is very slow. It is starting at 100MBPS and reduces to 0 in sometime and hangs. I tried changing Switch, LAN cable, refragmentation, updating antivirus, softwate update, direct connection to desktop...But nothing has worked. Could someone pls help me with any thoughts what can be the problem..I am tired of trying the options what ever I know..Pls help me..

Have you looked for errors in the log zip file?  Start by looking for disk and/or btrfs errors.

Message 2 of 4
Karuna
Aspirant

Yes..I have checked all the log files..there is no error or warning message. I have even cleaned the data. 5.61 TB space is free..but nothing works. Please let me know if anything else I can do.
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Rebooting the network and NAS might be a useful step if you haven't done that already.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements