× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 4312 Authentication with Acitvr Directory

AndrewRose
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 4312 Authentication with Acitvr Directory

Hello,

I have setup my ReadyNAS for Authentication using Active Directory.

Everything works, however when I restart the Domain Controller that the NAS authenticates against, all users then cant connect until apply the settings on the NAS again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Can I also add a 2nd DC?

Within the NIC configurtion, do I need to add anything to the IP4 settings for the Search Domain?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 4312 Authentication with Acitvr Directory

@AndrewRose

Adding a second DC is not yet supported on the ReadyNAS but you can configure the DC as failover right?

Have you tried adding statid DNS on the Network settings? Also try to use IP rather than hostnme when setting up auth from AD.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 5
AndrewRose
Aspirant

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply.

The DC failover will not help.

For example.

I have DC1 and DC2.

DC1 is specified in the ReadyNAS for Authentication, and users can connect to shares.

If I reboot DC1, and wait for DC1 to become availabe again, users cannot acces the shares until I manually apply the authentication settings on ReadyNAS. As soon as I do, everything works. (see attached pic)

Also, could you confirm what the relevance of Seach Domain is in IP settings for the NIC. (see attachd pic)

Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well, I was talking about the AD connection when I mentioned putting up a static DNS on the Network Settings.

Search domains if I understand correctly is usually used if you have other domains present on your Network. This allows the other domains to be searched. But this is usually left blank.

adding a DNS server statically might help.

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 5
AndrewRose
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 4312 Authentication with Acitve Directory

Thank you for the reply.

All suggestions are already in place.

It would be very helpful if I could add a 2nd DC.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements