× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 516 - Lost volumes after harddisk failure

tasoulakis
Follower

ReadyNAS 516 - Lost volumes after harddisk failure

Hi There,

I purchased a ReadyNAS516 several years ago. I configured it with 6 Hard disk's Raid 5 from memory. 

One harddisk failed after several years. I swopped it out & left it over night. Everything seemed ok.

I tried to access some photo's and started to get errors & then bang I got some error on the front of the NAS complaining about some data error. 

I couldn't access the nas so I decided to reboot. Now all my voloumes have disappeared !@!@!@. 

Is there anything I can try to debug the issue or try to recover my files? I have downloaded the logs zip and there is a bunch of files in there. Let me know if you would like to send me to send any files or logs through. 

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 516 - Lost volumes after harddisk failure

@tasoulakis wrote:

Is there anything I can try to debug the issue or try to recover my files? I have downloaded the logs zip and there is a bunch of files in there. Let me know if you would like to send me to send any files or logs through. 

You can ask the mods ( @Marc_V or @JeraldM ) to analyze the log zip for you.  Send a private message (PM) using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page - don't post the zip publicly, as there is some information leakage.  You can't attach the zip to the post, but you can upload it to cloud storage (dropbox, google drive, etc) and put a download link in the PM.  

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 516 - Lost volumes after harddisk failure

@tasoulakis

Welcome to the Community!

It would be best that we check the Logfiles you downloaded or you can email readynassupport@netgear.com for assistance.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements