× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 6.10.1 Upgrade with ReadyNAS 6 Ultra Plus

Smaky
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 6.10.1 Upgrade with ReadyNAS 6 Ultra Plus

After several years with my ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus under OS 4.2.31 it was time to replace (and expand) this trusty NAS from 3 TB HDDs to 6 TB HDDs. Since I would be doing a System Factory Reset I decided to go ahead and do a full overhaul of my NAS Box. Replaced FANs with new ones from Noctua for both the PSU and System and with Thermaltake for the CPU. Upgraded the CPU to an Intel SLGTD Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHz Processor -all this done before  finally upgrading to OS6. I am still waiting for a couple of RAM sticks to upgrade memory.

All HW upgrades came in with no issues at all. Getting a quieter NAS Box an a little bit more responsive from the CPU upgrade.

The final step was to take backup all my data and remove all my 3TB WD RED NAS drives and replace them with an initial batch of 3-6TB WD RED NAS Drives. and then... the upgrade to OS 6.9.5, wich happened without issues.

Now when I access the console I am greeted with an available update to OS 6.10.1... and I am wondering if there is anyone out there with experience on this OS upgrade for the ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus? Has anybody gone through this upgrade already? Any pointers?

Model: RNDP600U (ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus)|READYNAS ULTRA PLUS 6 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

I can't answer your question, but I did want to point out that with the upgraded processor and OS6, your system is the same as an upgraded Pro6.  So there may be more who can answer the question than just Ultra6Plus owners.

Message 2 of 3
Smaky
Aspirant

Well I decided to bite the bullent and moved along with the Firmaware upgrade. After rebooting with no issues I dediced to do a factory default (as the NAS has no data yet) and everything seems to be working just fine.

Model: RNDP600U (ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus)|READYNAS ULTRA PLUS 6 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements