× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.10.4 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

kkwong
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 6.10.4 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

My RN314 have 2 volume, each night was schedule to use rsync backup all data to another old NVX, recently I update to 6.10.4 found that backup job complete in a secode without error and actually nothing synced, they try to update 6.10.5 get the same result.

I do some test with by create new backup job to sync the data to new destination and found that:

1. if I use rsync to backup "whole volume", it only sync the folder strurcture to the destintation but no file was synced.

2. if i only rsync to backup only a share then it will sync all data to destintaion as expected.

any idea what should i do ?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 6.10.4 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

@kkwong wrote:

1. if I use rsync to backup "whole volume", it only sync the folder strurcture to the destintation but no file was synced.

2. if i only rsync to backup only a share then it will sync all data to destintaion as expected.

Several others have reported this, but for some reason the fix is very slow in coming.

For now, you can either switch to share-by-share backup or downgrade to 6.10.3.

@JohnCM_S: any update on the status of this problem? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@kkwong wrote:

Several others have reported this, but for some reason the fix is very slow in coming.

Message 2 of 4
yuvsaha123
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@kkwong wrote:

thanks for the information.

Message 3 of 4
kkwong
Aspirant

thx for the info, let me try downgrade on weekend 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation