× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.10.4 and 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

ReadyNAS 6.10.4 and 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

Has anyone confirmed if the rsync issue has been resolved in 6.10.6?

Referring to previous forum threads on the topic

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/OS-6-10-5-Beta/m-p/2087755

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/RSync-am-i-missing-something-obviou...

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless), RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220 (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 6.10.4 and 6.10.5 rsync whole volume problem

@SpaceTintin wrote:

I haven't had a chance yet (my rsync backups are all "pull")

But if you use this feature, there is a setting you should try - "Multiple File Systems" on the Advanced tab of the backup job settings.

Someone from Netgear ( @dingjs1421 ) said that checking that box would solve the problem back in September - but AFAICT no one using push backups of the entire data volume has actually tried it.  

It'd be good if you did set it, and let us know if that solves the problem (or not).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@SpaceTintin wrote:

I haven't had a chance yet (my rsync backups are all "pull")

But if you use this feature, there is a setting you should try - "Multiple File Systems" on the Advanced tab of the backup job settings.

Someone from Netgear ( @dingjs1421 ) said that checking that box would solve the problem back in September - but AFAICT no one using push backups of the entire data volume has actually tried it.  

It'd be good if you did set it, and let us know if that solves the problem (or not).

Message 2 of 4

I was able to test his tonight during off hours at the office. This appears to correct the problem! Thank you for finding and sharing this information. I am happy to able to upgrade to the current edition of ReadyNas OS. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@SpaceTintin wrote:

I was able to test this tonight during off hours at the office. This appears to correct the problem! 

Great!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements