× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.9.4 breaks timemachine backup

Principia1
Tutor

ReadyNAS 6.9.4 breaks timemachine backup

Upgrading to 6.9.4 on RN314 has broken Mac timemachine backups using AFP on High Sierra. It also fails on El Capitan which worked previously.

Failure mode is OSStatus 89 on the timemachine setup dialogue. I know that the Mac is seeing the timemachine volume and it fails as expected with an invalid logon. It makes no difference if a private timemachine is used, tried turning timemachine off and then on, change password, tried to use SMB, reboot ReadyNAS etc. etc. Downgrade to 6.9.3 and everything works, creates new sparsebundle and then backs up.

This looks like an OS bug in 6.9.4.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
giosheringam
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 6.9.4 breaks timemachine backup

Same here.

I cant' access to time machine anymore. Problem is I have already resetted to factory set...

let's hope they fix it very quickly.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 2 of 4
giosheringam
Aspirant

Is there a way by which we can ask “officially “ to fix this and make pressure or these forums are followed by Netgear representatives so we know we are read?
Or just to know when approximately the news version would be released so that I can choose to wait or downgrade.
Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@giosheringam wrote:
Is there a way by which we can ask “officially “ to fix this 

@Marc_V or @JohnCM_S: (or @Leia )  Is this logged as a 6.9.4 bug?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements