× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 626X loses connection to MacBook Pro

MasterDiver69
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 626X loses connection to MacBook Pro

ReadyNAS 626 is connected via ethernet to my Netgear R9000 router.  My MacBook Pro connects wirelessly to my R9000.  

I can always reach the readynas via a browser and the static IP address asigned to the NAS.  However, connecting via Finder in OSX seems to take a little bit.  I connect using the admin account and using the AFP protocol.  But, it seems like after a while, I lose the connection and have to connect again.  The connection is not persistent.  This causes a lot of problems when trying to backup to the NAS.

Isn't there a way to connect to the NAS from the Mac and have that connection be persistent?  I'm running the lastest firmware on the NAS (6.8.1) and latest OS on the Mac (High Sierra).

Please help!  This problem is truly maddening!

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 626X loses connection to MacBook Pro

Hello MasterDiver69,

It does appear that you are having intermittent connection to your Readynas device from your MAC computer that is connected to the wifi network. I do have few questions would like to verify.

1. Have you tried connecting using different protocol like smb?

2. Are you encountering the same problem on your wired computers?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 626X loses connection to MacBook Pro

Hello MasterDiver69,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements